Brave adventurer, Free League Publishing today announced that the Forbidden Lands RPG has released worldwide on the 6th of December 2018. All rogues, raiders, treasure hunters and scoundrels may now enter the land beyond the mountains. The Forbidden Lands RPG is a retro-fantasy game and a brand-new take on classic tabletop roleplaying.
My dear friend, have you heard that the curse is gone and that the Blood Mist has lifted? Forbidden Lands can now finally be reached. Do you dare to travel into the unknown lands with me?
Just imagine, it is an unexplored realm filled with treasures left behind… A magical journey into the unknown awaits us. Will you join me in the hunt for ancient treasures and fight whomsoever gets in our way? Let us leave this wretched reality and build a new world for ourselves on the ruins of the old. What say thee, do you want to be one of the first raiders of the Forbidden Lands?
If it will be dangerous? Of course, but what does it matter, friend? Together we laugh in the face of danger and make our mark on that cursed world. Together, we will survive long enough to tell the tale. But we must hurry, before the others take it all…
Watch the Forbidden Lands Trailer:
Read more about the Forbidden Lands RPG:
[ If you have a review copy request – please email: email@example.com ]
Forbidden Lands RPG
Raiders & Rogues in a Cursed World
In the sandbox survival roleplaying game Forbidden Lands, you and your friends will be playing raiders and rogues bent on making your own mark on a cursed world. Discover lost tombs, fight horrifying monsters, wander the wilderness and build your own stronghold to defend.
Forbidden Lands is a legacy game, in which your actions will permanently change the game map, turning it into a living chronicle of your adventures. The unique rules for exploration, survival, base building and campaign in the game play can easily be ported to any other game world.
The tabletop RPG Forbidden Lands was named one of the most anticipated RPGs of 2018 by EN World. The crowdfunding campaign raised over a quarter of a million dollars and was the third most successful RPG Kickstarter in the world 2017.
With art by the internationally acclaimed artists Simon Stålenhag and Nils Gulliksson, lore by fantasy author Erik Granström, scenarios by esteemed game writers Patrick Stuart, Ben Miltonand Chris McDowall and game design by Free League that created the award-winning RPGs Mutant: Year Zero, Coriolis: The Third Horizon, Symbaroum and Tales from the Loop.
FORBIDDEN LANDS RPG BOXED SET CONTENTS:
- PLAYER’S MANUAL – Hardcover Player’s Manual with faux leather covers, including rules for fast character generation, visceral combat, lethal magic, dangerous journeys and for building your own stronghold – easily be ported to other game worlds.
- GAMEMASTER’S GUIDE – Hardcover Gamemaster’s Guide with faux leather covers, including a rich and detailed description of the Forbidden Lands setting, a large illustrated Bestiary, extensive random encounters, and three complete adventure sites.
- LEGENDS & ADVENTURERS BOOKLET – The Legends & Adventurers booklet, that lets you flesh out your characters and give them unique backgrounds.
- MAP – A large full-color map, that gives you the freedom to explore the Forbidden Lands any way you want, hex by hex.
- STICKERS – A sheet with stickers for adventure sites and gravestones, transforming the game map to a living, permanent record of your adventures.
All backer shipments for the FORBIDDEN LANDS Kickstarter have shipped.
If you are a backer and have not received your shipping notification, please check your spam folder and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.